- 1 cup (250ml) cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 cups pureed seedless red watermelon flesh (about 550g), sieved
- 1 egg white
- Place cranberry juice and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat, bring to boil, remove from heat and cool.
- Process cranberry syrup and pureed watermelon until well combined. Pour mixture into a metal loaf tin and transfer to freezer for several hours, or until just frozen. Remove mixture from freezer and process with egg white until well combined. Return mixture to pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours more. Remove mixture from freezer and process for a final time, until pale and creamy. Re- freeze. Serve scoops of sorbet in small bowls or cones.
This recipe was taken from Taste (2014)