- 1kg red sweet potato, unpeeled
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Sour cream, to serve
- Cut sweet potato into 8cm lengths. Cut each piece into wedges. Layer potato between sheets of paper towel to remove excess moisture. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Deep-fry wedges, in batches, until potato rises to the surface but does not colour. Using a slotted spoon, transfer wedges to a tray lined with paper towel. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Reheat oil. Deep-fry wedges, in batches, for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Transfer to a bowl. Add chilli and salt. Toss to
coat. Serve with sour cream.
This recipe and image is from Super Food Ideas – February 2012 , Page 52, by Kim Coverdale: