- 700g Pumpkin (peeled, deseeded, cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 1 Brown Onion, halved
- ½ a Lemon, juiced
- 1 handful Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Litre of Chicken Stock
- low-fat natural yoghurt – to serve (optional, see Note)
- Combine Pumpkin, Onion, Lentils and Spices in a large pot.
- Cover the ingredients in the pot with stock and bring to the boil on a high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the vegies are soft
- Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a blender* or a hand held barmix, blend the vegetable and stock mix until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and coriander and stir before serving.
Note: garnish with a spoonful of low-fat natural yoghurt and fresh coriander to serve
*If using a blender, be careful not to add too much of the vegetable mix at once. Please consider blending the mix in portions – and be careful. Mix should be allowed to cool before blending.
Photograph by Mark O’Meara