You will need:
- 120gm caster sugar
- 20gm butter, diced
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (375gm; see note)
- 5 peaches, halved
- Preheat the oven to 250C. Heat sugar in a 24cm-diameter ovenproof frying pan and swirl occasionally until melted and caramalised (approx.. 3-5 minutes).
- Add butter and rosemary and combine, then add peaches skin-side down and remove from heat.
- Cut pastry to a round, slightly larger than the top of the pan. Place over the peaches and tuck in edges carefully – be as quick as you can. Then bake until puffed and golden (approx.. 15-20 minutes).
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then invert onto a plate (be careful, the caramel will be very hot!)
- Serve immediately, warm with runny cream. Delicious!
Note: Use Carême butter puff pastry where available.
This recipe is from the February 2010 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller and can be found at:
Recipe: Lisa Feather
Photography: Ben Dearnley
Styling: Aimee Jones and Lisa Featherby