Make this salad for a barbecue. It has an interesting Chinese flavour and the crunchy fried noodles and nuts will be a hit with your guests!
You will need:
For the salad
- ½ -1 Wombok (shredded finely)
- 6 Green Onion (chopped 5mm length)
- 100g Lightly roasted slivered Almonds or
- 1 pkt Chang’s Fried Noodles
For the dressing
- ¼ cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tblsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients of the Dressing in a bowl. Stir well until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine the Wombok, chopped Green Onions and almonds in a salad bowl.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Just before serving add the noodles and toss thoroughly.
Image and recipe courtesy of www.changs.com