- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 60g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced and line a 12 hole, 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Combine flours and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Add butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Fold in banana and caramel bits.
- Spoon mixture evenly between paper cases.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.
Recipe from: Super Food Ideas, February 2013 , Page 57; by Kirrily La Rosa; photograph by Andrew Young