Caramel ANZAC Slice
• 2 Cups Plain Flour
• 2 Cups Brown Sugar
• 2 Cups Rolled Oats
• 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut • 250G Butter, Diced
• 4 Tbsp Golden Syrup
• 2 Tbsp Water
• 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
• 400g Sweetened Condensed Milk • 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
• 60g Butter
• 1⁄2 Cup Melting Chocolate
1. Preheat Oven to 170C and prepare a 25cm spring form tin with cooking spray
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
3. Heat the butter until melted, add the golden syrup and the water and whisk until blended.
4. Add the baking soda to the butter mixture and whisk until all dissolved.
5. Pour in the melted butter mixture to dry ingredients.
6. Place 2/3rds of the mixture into the prepared tin.
1. Add condensed milk, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan, stir over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, until mixture boils and thickens.
2. Pour the caramel filling over the slice.
3. Sprinkle the remaining slice crumbs over the top of the caramel.
4. Bake the slice for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
1. Melt the chocolate in a small microwave proof bowl, 20-30 seconds at a time.
2. Flick the melted chocolate over the slice off the end of spoon.