Week 1 saw a good roll up for the first night of the season with over 60 swimmers, number of old faces and quite a few new ones too which was fantastic to see. In the 25m freestyle and breaststroke it was great to see these young ones having their first swim: Dimity Rogers, Maisie Swords, Haylee Stanbury, Lucy Neville, Lachlan Dunkley and Ben and Anna Pearce.
Swimmers who improved their times by the most seconds from last season were:
• 100m freestyle – Eliza Ward 36 sec PB and Hayley Stephens 13 sec PB.
• 50m freestyle Eliza Ward 8 sec PB and Jackson Stacey 2 sec PB.
• 50m backstroke Hannah Gordon 7 sec PB and Matilda Cramp 9 sec PB.
• 50m Butterfly Hannah Gordon 12 sec PB.
• Fastest Overall Freestyle – Finlay Rowston, Breaststroke – Max Harris, Backstroke and Butterfly – Julia Wright.
Swimming Club caters for all abilities and is a friendly club. We meet at the pool on Friday nights for a 6pm swim. If you are
interested in joining or would like more information please like the Facebook Page, look at the website or call the registrar Al Stephens on 0408 876 930.
By Al Stephens