There is a lot planned for this year’s NSW Seniors Festival at Moyne Aged Care Plus running from Sunday 17th – Saturday 23rd February 2019
• Sunday 17th February: Special guests, Les and Dot Pfieffer will conduct Chapel at 2pm in the Kanyana Centre at Moyne. Major Mark, the Moyne Chaplain, will accompany the hymns on the piano. Afternoon tea will be served following chapel.
• Monday 18th February: Residents will travel to Eugowra for the Seniors Luncheon and Concert. This is an annual event and the Moyne residents look forward to it every year.
• Tuesday 19th February: Weather permitting, residents will enjoy a stroll in the garden with opportunity to talk to the birds in the aviary. “Cheeky”, the Galah, might even talk back. Opportunity will be given to sit and chat in the garden as the chooks scratch in the leaf litter and we listen to the sounds of the wild birds. After morning tea we will have a sing-along with all the old songs. This activity is enjoyed by many residents and especially by Mrs Betty Lawrence.
• Wednesday 20th February: During the morning Lorraine (one of our Recreational Activities Officers) will call Bingo. Many of our residents enjoy this fun game and it helps to keep the mind active. Winning a prize adds to the excitement. In the afternoon, Melissa, our senior Recreational Activities Officer, will present WOW (World of Wellness) an interactive program of music, movement, and memory sharing.
• Thursday 21st February: Weather permitting, residents will enjoy a stroll in the garden again before enjoying a fun day of games. Scrabble and snakes and ladders are old favourites but our residents also enjoy computer games on our new brain trainers. In the afternoon there will be a carpet bowls tournament.
• Friday 22nd February: On Friday we will hold a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party. If the weather cooperates we will be out in the garden. If not the event will take place inside. Our residents will enjoy some special treats for morning tea while wearing the most outlandish hats. Music and fun for everyone!
• Saturday 23rd February: After a busy week many of our residents will look forward to a quieter day on Saturday. As family members often come and visit, no formal activities are planned but Leanne, one of our Recreational Activities Officers, as well as our chaplain, Major Mark, will be onsite to talk with residents and provide activities and support as necessary.