Aged Care Volunteers Needed
Cabonne not-for-profit Ability Network Aged Care Services needs volunteers from the community to assist the elderly stay in their homes longer.
There are various programs to participate in that could complement hobbies and interests, or offer a challenge.
Volunteer Robyn, said she appreciates getting involved. “I volunteer my time because I really like getting to know our older folk in the community. I love listening to their history and stories. My main goal in volunteering is to help give our consumers what they need and for them to know they are valued,” she said.
Ability Networks’ passion is to keep older residents in their own home by providing professional care.
They aim to improve wellbeing, social and community connection and independence. No experience is required to volunteer, just a desire to connect with people who would sincerely appreciate your support.
By giving some of your time can be helping older people remain living in their own homes and engaged in social activities.
Contact Sarah Hazell on 0439 246 380 or email: email@example.com for more information.
Just What Does Medicare Cover?
Medicare’s three major parts are: medical services, public hospitals, and medicines. Medicare is available to Australian and New Zealand citizens, permanent residents in Australia, and people from countries with reciprocal agreements.
Here’s the support you can receive:
• Support for long term conditions like asthma, heart disease, diabetes and cancer
• Cancer screening
• Pathology tests
• Eye and ear health
• Diagnostic imaging and scans
• Mental health care
• Cost of medicines
• Services accessed over the counter, hospitals, doctors, Aboriginal health workers
• Social work, rural and remote support
• Cancer recovery
• Disaster healthcare.
For older Australians, retirees and individuals moving into aged care homes and in-house support Medicare will reimburse and cover some costs that include both in clinic and telehealth:
• Planning for aged care including living in an aged care home and at-home aged care services
• Managing chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and asthma
• Incontinence management including costs of physiotherapists and continence nurses
• Costs of being a carer including income support, carer allowance and carer adjustment payments
• Support for hearing loss including hearing tests and hearing aids
You can find out more about your eligibility and cover by visiting: www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/whats-covered-medicare