The 20th Annual Daroo Business Awards were held in Manildra last Friday night with a number of Canowindra businesses present.
Clearwater Tanks at Manildra was named the Best Business in Cabonne. In presenting the winning trophy, Cabonne Mayor Kevin Beatty said Clearwater Tanks exemplified the innovation, skill and business in- tuition of many outstanding businesses in Cabonne Shire.
The Best Business in Cabonne was one of three judged awards, with 14 other category winners determined by a popular vote format.
Sarah Evans, from Cumnock Pre-School, was named the Employee of the Year while the Apprentice/Trainee of the Year award went to Emma Regan, from Cabonne Council.
Awards chairperson Cr Libby Oldham said the Daroos continued to go from strength-to-strength, with a record number of nominations and votes received this year.
“The Daroos recognise the achievements and contributions of Cabonne businesses and their employees across a range of categories. They aim to raise the profile of Cabonne companies and organisations that demonstrate a commitment to excellence in their area of service or management,” Cr Oldham said.
Canowindra businesses to take out a Daroo for 2019 included:
• Excellence in Service Operations Large Entity: Canowindra Hotel
• Excellence in Marketing, Advertising and Communications: The Canowindra Phoenix
• Contribution to Cabonne by a Community Organisation: St Vincent de Paul, Canowindra and Canowindra Pre-School Kindergarten (joint winners)
• Contribution to Cabonne by a Business: Age of Fishes Museum
• Business Fostering Disability Inclusion: Cabonne Council Home and Community Care, Canowindra.