The Saluting Their Service (STS) Commemorative Grants Program is designed to commemorate the service and sacrifice of Australia’s service personnel in wars, conflicts and peace operations, and their families. Up to $3.5 million is available each financial year for distribution, split across three batches throughout the year. The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is to provide funding for projects and activities that:
• promote appreciation and understanding of the experiences of service and the roles that those who serve have played
• preserve, add to the sum of knowledge on, or provide access to information about Australia’s wartime heritage.
The STS Program provides funding for one-off projects that are ready to proceed and where the funding will ensure their completion.
Community Grants (CG) to a maximum of $10,000 are available for community-based commemorative projects and activities. These small grants are for projects and activities that are focused on the local community, commemorate the service and sacrifice of local community members, and are primarily accessed by the local community. Some examples of projects and activities include:
• development of an Honour Roll
• restoration of an existing local War Memorial
• supply and installation of a cabinet to display military memorabilia
• installation of flagpoles
Applications close Tuesday, 6th February 2024. For more information go to www.dva.gov.au/about/overview/consultations-and-grants/grants-and-bursaries/saluting-their-service-sts-commemorative-grants-program