Have you noticed a new green water filling station near the netball courts on Rodd St in Canowindra? This water filling station was installed by Central Tablelands Water, in conjunction with Cabonne Council.
It is one of a number of projects undertaken throughout the Shire by Cabonne Council as part of the $1 million in Drought Communities Funding Council received from the Federal Government.
Eugowra and Manildra were other sites for the installation of water filling stations. Other Drought Communities Funding projects include:
• Upgrades across recreational facilities including parks, sporting grounds and reserves;
• Upgrades to the watering system and perimeter fence of Dean Park Recreation Ground in Cudal;
• Upgrade and installation of rabbit-proof fencing at cemeteries in Molong, Toogong, Garra, Cumnock, Canowindra and Cudal;
• Implement water sustainability measures at Cumnock Public School; and
• Enhance and improve Men’s Sheds across Cabonne.