Don’t you just LOVE this time of year! Spring really is just around the corner, the wattle is out, the canola is starting to bloom and
my five year old daughter was even running around in a summer dress and sandals on the weekend basking in the glorious end of winter sun.
It also gives me some motivation to get out into the garden and tackle those jobs I have been putting off all winter!
Things on my to-do list for this weekend include:
• Mulching the gardens with some Lucerne mulch.
• Cleaning the pool and testing the water to see what chemicals I need to add – it won’t be long until we are back swimming!
• Spraying the outdoor pavers for any little weeds that may have popped up after the last rain.
• And of course picking some lovely bulbs, blossoms, lavender and wattle for the house.
Some great inside the house jobs for Spring include:
• Cleaning the windows – after introducing a puppy to the household in April and having two kids under 5, my windows often have tiny hand/dog prints on them.
• Cleaning out the wardrobe and making way for your summer clothes.
• Declutter the study which is covered in paperwork! Now that the BAS has been lodged it is time to file everything away in preparation for the next quarter.
What is on your list for the weekend?
By Sarah Maynard