Charlie McCarron’s Auction is one that will go down not only in motoring history, but in Canowindra’s history too. The Auction
was held over the long weekend with people coming from all over Australia and the World to take a look at the iconic collection.
There were over 2000 lots up for sale over the three days but the main attraction were the cars that went under the hammer on Sunday. Cars ranged from early classics, muscle cars, commodores and later Holdens.
Some of the standout cars sold for:
• $48,000 for the Holden 1983 VHSS Commodore 308 5L V8 manual 4 speed
• $48,000 for the Holden HR Ute 1966 186 6CYL manual
• $55,000 for the Holden FX Ute 1953 132L Ci 6CYL manual
• $56,000 for the Chevrolet Roadster 1937 Coupe 6CYL manual 3 speed, original right hand drive
• $80,000 for the Holden 1969 HK GTS Monaro 186S 6CYL 2 speed auto
• $100,000 for the Holden LJ Torana 1972 6CYL 3.3L speed manual
All but one car were sold, being the Holden 48-215 FX 1948 132 6CYL manual with 22,270 miles. Unfortunately the reserve
price wasn’t met, which means Charlie can hold onto it for a little longer. On Sunday Charlie had a couple of words to say about his story and gratitude for the sale coming together.
“I’d like to thank the Show Committee and Burns and Co for doing a wonderful job of organising the sale.” “It’s been my life.”