On Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th February, ten athletes from Canowindra Little Athletics Centre travelled to Dubbo to compete in the Region 3 Championships.
The ten athletes entered a total of 40 events across the 2 days with some of the amazing individual results listed below:
• Lucy Atkinson: 2nd place in 200m hurdles and 3rd place in 1500m run
• Jay Burn: 1st place in long jump
• Claire Phelan: 2nd place in triple jump, 3rd place in shot put
• Sophie Phelan: 4th place in shot put
• Thomas Phelan: 4th place in 800m run
• Alyssa Price: 2nd in triple jump and 3rd in 60m hurdles
• Isabella Price: 3rd in 1100m walk
• Laura Price: 2nd place in discus, triple jump and javelin, 3rd place in 100m sprint and 90m hurdles
• Alex Rice: 1st place in discus
• Lachlan Rice: 1st place in discus and high jump, 2nd place in triple jump
As a result of these performances Claire Phelan, Alyssa Price, Jay Burn, Lucy Atkinson, Laura Price, Alex Rice and Lachlan Rice will now progress to the LANSW State Track and Field Championships to be held in Homebush on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th March.