The Federal Government will provide an unprecedented wage subsidy to around six million workers, including many throughout regional Australia.
Deputy Prime Minister, Michael McCormack said the Federal Government’s $130 billion JobKeeper payment will shield many regional Australians from losing their jobs.
• The JobKeeper Payment is a subsidy to businesses.
• The payment will be paid to employers, for each eligible employee who was on their books on 1st March 2020 and is retained or continues to be engaged by that employer.
• Employers will receive a payment of $1,500 per fortnight per eligible employee.
• Eligible employers will be those with annual turnover of less than $1 billion who self-assess that have a reduction in revenue of 30% or more, since 1st March 2020 over a minimum one-month period.
• Eligible employers include companies, partnerships, trusts and sole traders.
• Full-time and part-time employees, including stood down employees, will be eligible. If a casual employee has been with their employer for at least the previous 12 months they will also be eligible.