I know that this time of year has never caused any problems for you – (lol) – but just in case, I’ve put together this little piece, just for you.
1. Always Sit Down at a table to eat: Two reasons, firstly we digest better when we sit down and secondly, we are more aware only eating what we need. We eat standing at the kitchen bench, walking through shops, driving the car, sitting in front of the computer, talking on the phone and often we don’t realize what we are eating or how much!
2. Start each day with a GL&H: That wasn’t a G&T! This drink first thing in the morning before breakfast or coffee will cleanse the body and stimulate digestion. ½ tspn each of grated ginger, lemon juice and honey in a cup of hot water.
3. Drink hot water during the day: In the same way your GL&H flushes out toxins, so too does hot water. Think about a blocked drain and the difference between pouring hot or cold water through it. Similarly, the hot water will clear the gunk from your body, leaving you feeling lighter and your digestion stronger.
4. Breathe: Take 10 long slow breaths 3 x day. Our cells use oxygen for every function our body performs. The more we stock up our oxygen supplies, the better all of our body works!
5. Sleep: Go to bed by 10pm. When you aren’t out, give your body a chance to repair. It does this every night between 10 and 2 – so go to bed!
Enjoy the silly season, feeling light and happy in your body and your mind and I’ll see you in 2017.
Love Robyn xx