Stress is one of the most significant causes of weight gain, problem digestion, hormonal imbalance and sleep issues in our society, so the last thing we need to stress out about is diet!
In a society that constantly inundates us with the next best diet, it can be difficult to stay focused and know what’s actually beneficial and effective for healthy weight.
Is there a way to eat well—without losing your sanity and jumping from super foods to the next diet breakthrough, only to relapse and start the cycle again?
Here are 5 Ayurvedic tips that can naturally guide you toward a healthy weight and better digestive system without the use of chemicals, processed food, or extreme diets.
- Stimulate the digestive system and the bowels by starting the day with a cup of hot water with 1⁄2 tspn grated ginger, 1⁄2 tspn freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1⁄2 tspn honey. A bowel movement a day, keeps the toxins away!
- Exercising enough to “bring a gentle sheen to your face”, i.e. light sweat as a daily morning practice.
- Sit and breathe or meditate for 5-10mins every morning. This helps to relieve stress, one of the main causes of weight gain, digestive disturbances and insomnia, and releases mood-en- hancing chemicals in the brain.
- Eat three meals a day and fast between meals. Food is a fast-burning fuel, and when your body is given a constant fuel line, it forgets how to burn fat.
- Move a little after each meal. Going for short walks after each meal stimulates peristalsis and digestion.
These five steps towards healthy diet can have profound effects on your life. Go slowly and don’t stress!!
Love Robyn x