The Cowra Retirement Village is a totally integrated Aged Care complex delivering high and low care residential places, including dementia care and respite care to the people of Cowra and the surrounding region.
The village comprises:
• Bilyara Hostel: 68 Residential Care beds, all rooms are single rooms with ensuites.
• Ganya Cottage: 14 bed secure dementia specific unit, all rooms are single rooms with ensuites.
• Kalyan Court: 25 one and two bedroom self care units.
• Kiah Place: 9 two bedroom self care units.
• Bellevue Lodge: 16 one bedroom self care units.
Cowra Retirement Village Limited also delivers Home Care Packages in the community. Cowra Retirement Village is one of the largest employers in Cowra with over 110 staff. Bilyara and Ganya are staffed 24hrs with a Registered Nurse on Duty 24/7 to meet the care needs of residents, supported by a team of qualified and dedicated care staff. Three Activity Officers are also employed who deliver a wide range of activities including weekly bus outings to keep
residents active and connected to the community.
A wide range of additional services are available to residents including:
• Speech Pathologist
The meals provided to residents are of the highest quality with all meals cooked fresh daily. Residents have a choice of meals and also have input in menu development. The results of a recent survey of resident’s satisfaction with food showed the following:
• 93% of residents always receive enough food.
• 95% of residents state they are treated with respect by staff.
• 86% of residents state the food tastes nice.
A recent survey of resident’s relatives showed the following:
• 96% agree their relative is happy at Bilyara.
• 86% agree their relative is supported to maintain their independence.
• 95% agree their relatives privacy and dignity is respected.
• 100% agree their relative is encouraged to be themselves and is appreciated for who they are.
The team are very proud of this feedback and are always striving to provide care of the highest standard with a resident centred approach.
The Village is located 2.5km from the CBD of Cowra and commands majestic views over the town and district and is adjacent to the Japanese Gardens overlooking the Lachlan River and Valley.
Cowra Retirement Village is a Member of the Aged Care Services Association and is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). The Cowra Retirement Village is fully accredited with the Australian Aged Care Standards Agency.
Our Mission is to:
• Provide access to and equity of service delivery to residents.
• Encourage a sense of community spirit that fosters growth and harmony.
• Promote professional development and career opportunity.
• Deliver quality care through continuous quality improvement.
• Build innovative residences that enhance the quality and delivery of service; and
• Provide care and support through integrated community and residential care services.