As we are now in the second half of 2020 and activities are returning to play as restrictions ease from COVID-19 now is the time to apply for a second Active Kids voucher.
Being active has many benefits including improved health and physical outcomes. Participation in sport and recreation also helps children to develop skills they can use long after the siren sounds. Not only does it provide opportunities for social interaction, inclusion and improved self-esteem, it helps children learn skills that they can use in many aspects of life, such as leadership, problem solving, resilience and teamwork.
If you’re a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
• a NSW resident
• aged between 4.5 and 18 years
• enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW)
• a current Medicare card holder
Claiming and redeeming your $100 voucher is easy. Follow the steps below to get started:
1. Claim your voucher from the Service NSW website
2. Locate an Active Kids provider from over 11,000+ and find out when they are accepting registrations.
3. Use your vouchers when registering for a sport or activity
4. Get playing
Vouchers can only be used once but each child is eligible for two each year and you can use any time from now until 31st December 2020.