Spring has sprung and the grass has risen, now is the time to ensure that your mowers are ready for action.
For 4 stroke mowers:
• check the oil and change if black;
• top up if the oil is low;
• check the air filter and if dirty change or clean as per the instruction manual.
• For the cutting blades, seek assistance by asking them to hold the handle on the ground to tip the mower with the spark plugs in the air and then check the cutting blades, and if worn or broken replace them.
For 2 stroke mowers:
• check the blades again
• fill with the correct fuel
• check the air filter, and if broken, turn the fuel tap on and wait 2 minutes to see if there is a fuel leak, prime, set the throttle and start. Then stop the motor and turn the fuel off. If there is a fuel leak or the mower fails to start after 6 pulls of the starting rope, it is important to get the machine serviced.
In between using your mower make sure to store it under cover to keep it in good condition.