Last Thursday 25th May, the CWA ladies hosted the Biggest Morning Tea to help raise money for cancer research. “It was a very successful morning, we raised $1,347, we just can’t believe the generosity of the town,” said Jenny Middleton. A big thank you to everyone in the community who either donated or helped in some way including: Delice, IGA, Coco Harvest and The Canowindra Newsagency.
“A special thank you to Billy Paul, Bill Coady and the exercise groups from the Health Centre and the Hospital for their contribution. We had over 100 people in about two hours,” said Jenny. The Biggest Morning Tea has been running in Canowindra for about 20 years now, with each year making a bigger impact than the last. “So many people have been touched by cancer in some way and I think that is why so many people are willing to give for research,” said Jenny.
Every dollar counts in helping with research, prevention and support service programs.
• $15 can help provide information to cancer patients and their families.
• $50 can help make sure there’s a cancer nurse available on 13 11 20 to offer information and support.
• $150 can help provide transport and accommodation to cancer patients.
• $500 can help fund a support group where people can meet and share their experiences.
• $1000 can help support the ground-breaking research into new and better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, with the potential to save thousands of lives.