The Daroo Awards held last Friday showcased the diversity and quality of businesses in Cabonne, with Canowindra coming away with a number of wins. The Daroo Awards have become a blueprint for regional business awards as they recognise and congratulate businesses efforts throughout the year. Mayor Ian Gosper said, “There was a record number of nominations, a record number of votes and a record number of finalists.
This year’s Daroo Awards were the best in the 17 year history of the event.” The awards were presented at a dinner held at the Cumnock Showground with many businesses from across Cabonne coming together to enjoy the best of the bush and to congratulate one another on their success. This year Best Business in Cabonne went to accountancy and business advice specialists Yates Baker Mclean from Molong, who specialise in medical and allied health, agriculture, building, and construction industries, but work with all business sectors.
Yates Baker Mclean are passionate about the Central West and want to see the region grow and prosper. Canowindra exceeded on the night winning a number of awards:
• Excellence in Tourism: Age of Fishes Museum, Canowindra Balloon Challenge Highly Commended
• Excellence in Marketing, Advertising and Communications: Canowindra Phoenix
• Contribution to Cabonne (Community): Canowindra Pre-School and Kindergarten
• Contribution to Cabonne (Business): Adloyalty
• Excellence in Hospitality: Cargo Store
• Best Ongoing Business: Canowindra Trading Post Highly Commended
• Excellence in Service Operations (small entity): Canowindra Trading Post Highly Commended
• Excellence in Accommodation: Montrose House highly commended