CANOWINDRA WOMEN’S BOWLS NEWS
The Women’s Canowindra Bowls group held their Christmas Party & Presentation of Trophies on Tuesday 13th December with a great roll up of 32 of their 35 members, plus Leanne Stevenson who is at present learning the game of bowls and will join their club in January, 2017.
The winners of the Championships and Competitions were:
• Major Singles: Margaret Gosper
• Minor Singles: Sandy Mcdonald
• Pairs Championship: Jenny Middleton & Heather Hoad
• Triples Championship: Betty Jenkins, Jill Messenger & Colleen Crump.
• Fours Championship: Jenny Middleton, Betty Jenkins, Colleen Crump & Gwen Haydon.
• Consistency: Margaret Gosper
• Rose Bowl: Jill Messenger
• Handicap Three Bowl Pairs: Diane Slattery & Colleen Crump
• Points Score (Donated By Shirley Robson): Ellen Petty With 144 Points
• Club Person Of The Year: Shirley Robson
Bowls will restart on Tuesday 10th January 8.30 am for a 9 am start. As it will be a New Year get together, please bring something to share for lunch and it is also a sponsored day.
MENS BOWLS NEWS
Last Saturday the final of the mixed pairs was played with Eryn Traves and Bruce Webb against Nancy Morrow and Graham Wilson. Eryn and Bruce took control early in the game leading throughout winning 27-13. This is the second year in a row that Eryn and Bruce have won this event. This Friday December 23 will be mixed mufti ham and turkey triples with team names in by 6.00pm for 6.30pm start. Entry fee of $10 per person with sausage sizzle. All welcome. Mixed mufti bowls will continue on Thursday December 22 with names in by 1.30pm for 2.00pm start.
Nominations are now called for 2017 major and minor fours as well as major and minor singles. A sheet listing all registered bowlers is on the notice board eligible to play pennants. If you are unavailable to play pennants please cross your name out on the list. Wednesday badge draw is $650 and Friday badge draw is $600.