Cano Mocs and Docs 2804 (CMD) is a short film festival for Documentaries and Mockumentaries involving STEM based themes i.e. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) supported by the Country Education Foundation and the Cabonne Council. The idea behind Cano Mocs and Docs 2804 is to showcase and encourage people of all ages to wonder at the marvels of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subject matters. This year’s signature item is “Wave” and must be included creatively in your film.
The festival’s aim is to help rural and regional youth gain access to education, training and jobs, through grants, scholarships, support services and resources.
A documentary film is a nonfictional motion picture intended to document some aspect of reality, primarily for the purposes of instruction, education, or maintaining a historical record. Mockumentaries generally consist of a comical fictitious story-line told through a documentary style of film-making.
Categories and Prize Money for 2019:
• Best Documentary (Over 18 years of Age) – 8mins – $1,000
• Best Mockumentary (Over 18 Years of Age) – 8mins – $1,000
• Best Documentary Junior (12 – 17 years and under) – 4mins – $500
• Best Mockumentary Junior (12 – 17 years and under) – 4mins – $500
• Best Documentary (0-11 years of Age) – 2 mins – $250
• Best Mockumentary (0-11 years of Age) – 2 mins – $250
Entries close on the 15th September 2019. Everyone is welcome to attend the Cano Mocs and Docs 2804 film festival in Canowindra on Saturday the 12th of October 2019 from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. For information about how to enter go to https://filmfreeway.com/CanoMocsandDocs2804-1 or CEF Canowindra’s Facebook page or to the Cano Mocs and Docs webpage.