The Cabonne bulky waste clean-up returns this August for Cabonne residents. This service is available for residents that currently have a regular bin service/ waste collection service with Council. The waste should be placed out between 6 – 7 August 2022 for collection.
There are many items which can be placed in a neat pile on the kerb for collection. Acceptable items include:
Scrap metal and whitegoods: Fridges, stoves, microwaves, washing machines, metal lawn mowers, bicycles, BBQs, hot water systems, empty paint tins, metal furniture. All metal items collected will be recycled. Please ensure all doors are removed from household appliances and white goods.
General bulky waste: Mattresses, furniture, lounges, floor coverings, vacuum cleaners, small appliances. batteries, bric-a-brac.
Bundled organics: Garden pruning, leaves, clippings, untreated timber, tree limbs (no longer than 1.8m and 250mm diameter).
All items are to be placed neatly next to the edge of the kerb and not blocking the footpath at your normal weekly collection point. The total volume of waste presented for collection must not exceed 2 cubic metres.
All waste should be separated into three separate piles: scrap metal and white goods, general bulky waste and bundled organics. Unacceptable items include:
• Materials that exceed the maximum dimensions of 2 cubic metres
• Asbestos, fibro and insulation batts
• Trade, industrial and shop waste
• Cement bags and sawdust
• Items in plastic bags
• Motor vehicles, engines, car parts and tyres
• Building and demolition materials, concrete, bricks, tiles, fencing, plumbing fixtures and panes of glass
• Large carpet rolls
• Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
• Hazardous waste such as paint, solvents, chemicals, cleaners and unwanted medicines
• Liquids of any sort including fuels and oils
• Material suitable for placement in your mobile garbage bins, including recyclables, food scraps and household garbage
• Small machinery containing fuel or oil including oil heaters
• Large tree trunks and thorny bushes
• Soil and Stones.