With 2020 being a year of unprecedented circumstances, Cabonne hopes to celebrate outstanding members of the community for Australia Day 2021, with ceremonies to be held across the shire (pending COVID restrictions).
The Australia Day Awards are open to Cabonne community members who are Australian citizens and who have made a noteworthy contribution or achieved something outstanding in their work, studies or community service during the current year, or over a number of years. Each village has the opportunity to have one recipient recognised from each of the following three categories:
• Citizen of the Year Award – For a person who has demonstrated excellence in their field or service to the community through their work or voluntary activities.
• Young Citizen of the Year Award – For a person under 25 years of age who may be considered an inspirational role model and who has served their community through their school, work or voluntary activities.
• Community Group of the Year Award – For a group who has made an admirable contribution to the community.
In addition, the following categories will award one recipient (individual or group) for the entire Cabonne region:
• Cabonne Environmental Champion of Year – For a person or group who has been an advocate for good environmental practices within the Cabonne community.
• Sportsperson of the Year – For a person who demonstrates sportsmanship qualities and is an active member of a sporting club.
Nomination forms can be picked up from the Molong and Cudal Council offices, the Canowindra HACC office, local Australia Day committee groups or you can use the form available at Council’s website. Nominations close Sunday, 11 October 2020.