Following on from last week’s story regarding the proposed amalgamation of Cabonne with Blayney and Orange, Canowindra residents are being called to put their views in writing. If you wish to voice your opinion, follow the checklist below. Checklists are also available from the Canowindra Newsagency.
• The financial advantages or disadvantages of the proposal to the residents and ratepayers of the areas concerned.
• The community of interest and geographic cohesion in the existing areas and in any proposed new area.
• The existing historical and traditional values in the existing areas and the impact of change on them.
• The attitude of the residents and ratepayers of the areas concerned.
• The requirements of the area concerned in relation to elected representation for residents at the local level.
• The impact of the proposal on the ability of the council to provide adequate, equitable and appropriate services and facilities.
• The impact of the proposal on the employment of the staff by the council.
• The impact of the proposal on any rural communities in the resulting area.
• The desirability (or otherwise) of dividing the resulting area or areas into wards.
• The need to ensure that the opinions of each of the diverse communities of the resulting area or areas are effectively represented
• Any other factors relevant to the provision of efficient and effective local government in existing and proposed new areas.
Submissions can be made at www.councilboundaryreview.nsw.gov.au or to: Council Boundary Review, GPO Box 5341, Sydney NSW 2001. Submissions will be accepted in writing until 5pm, Sunday 28th February.